Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moodle/Web Page

After completing the Scholastic Web Page I was impressed at how easy the web page was to execute. It reminded me of the WebQuest assignment because it forced the creator to use step by step instructions in order to complete the website. My one complaint of Scholastic was that it was too structured. I found that it limited different aspects to what teachers could use on the website.

Some may be curious as to what "Moodle" is. I'm not too sure if it is an actual word, but it is the name that is given to the system that teachers at my school use to create their personal web page. As a teacher, I love the idea of teacher's having the website at their disposal. It allows me to post many different aspects of the course that may help students. Listed below is the link to the Moodle web page. Log in as a guest and you do not need a password. My two web pages are listed under World History and U.S. History 1......feel free to take whatever you want.

http://www.paramuscatholic.com/moodle/

2 comments:

Jenevieve Chimento said...

I just checked out the links on the website - very impressive. You have very comprehensive notes and slides for your students. I can only imagine the time it took to put it all together. I'm sure that having these notes available is an invaluable resource to your high school students.

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for sharing this site!